Sentences with Themselves, Sentences about Themselves in English
1. Men tire themselves in pursuit of rest.
2. They adapted themselves to the change quickly.
3. Some people still hang themselves to death today.
4. The new pupils introduced themselves to the school.
5. Whereas we did all the job, they enjoyed themselves.
6. The new students introduced themselves to the school.
7. Men are not against you they are merely for themselves.
8. 12.Whereas we did all the job, they enjoyed themselves.
9. Lord (God, Heaven) helps those (them) who help themselves.
10. I do not wish women to have power over men but over themselves.
11. Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves.
12. Take care of the pence and the pounds will take care of themselves.
13. No yesterdays are ever wasted for those who give themselves to today.
14. Most people are far too much occupied with themselves to be malicious.
15. The beauty of independence, departure, actions that rely on themselves.
16. I dread the events of the future, not in themselves but in their results.
17. It is a waste of money to help those who show no desire to help themselves.
18. As our eyes grow accustomed to sight they armour themselves against wonder.
19. It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.
20. Money won’t make you happy… but everybody wants to find out for themselves.
21. The truth is, I’ve never fooled anyone. I’ve let men sometimes fool themselves.
22. Those that despise people will never get the best out of others and themselves.
23. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
24. Men judge us by the success of our efforts. God looks at the efforts themselves.
25. The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short.
26. Men should pledge themselves to nothing for reflection makes a liar of their resolution.
27. All men are created equal, it is only men themselves who place themselves above equality.
28. The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
29. Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.
30. They left the party because some people fought among themselves and the atmosphere was tense.
31. Trust men and they will be true to you treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
32. For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed.
33. To give hope to someone occurs when you teach them how to use the tools to do it for themselves.
34. One that desires to excel should endeavor in those things that are in themselves most excellent.
35. One that desires to excel should endeavour in those things that are in themselves most excellent.
36. Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself.
37. Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their inability to give bad examples.
38. Human beings of any age need to approve of themselves; the bad times in history come when they cannot.
39. When insane things start to arrange themselves in sane patterns around you, you know you got problems.
40. It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings.
41. Narcissistic personality disorder is a personality disorder in which people have an inflated opinion of themselves.
42. Men are anxious to improve their circumstances, but are unwilling to improve themselves they therefore remain bound.
43. Millions of people in this world, all of them yearning, looking to others to satisfy them, yet isolating themselves.
44. Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
45. Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.
46. This latter nomenclature, by the way, would be an excellent piece of consciousness-raising for the children themselves.
47. I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.
48. There are those who wrap themselves in flags and blow the tinny trumpet of patriotism as a means of fooling the people.
49. Many of our young women have thought fit to cut their hair short, put on blue spectacles, and call themselves Nihilists.
50. Men rise from one ambition to another: first, they seek to secure themselves against attack, and then they attack others.
51. Many people dedicate their lives to actualizing a concept of what they should be like, rather than actualizing themselves.
52. Most maidens are perfectly capable of rescuing themselves in my experience, at least the ones worth something, in any case.
53. It’s incredible how nature sets females up to take care of people, and yet it is tricky for them to take care of themselves.
54. Few things are impracticable in themselves and it is for want of application, rather than of means, that men fail to succeed.
55. When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else.
56. You are being taught by people who have been able to accommodate themselves to a regime of thought laid down by their predecessors.
57. Women are so unforgiving of themselves. We don’t recognize our own beauty because we’re too busy comparing ourselves to other people.
58. Don’t listen to the malicious comments of those friends who, never taking any risks themselves, can only see other people’s failures.
59. All I can do is lie here, brain turning somersaults. It’s nights like these when memories stir, whipping themselves into stiff peaks of pain.
60. It’s not like I sit around watching my movies again and again, but I’ve never quite believed actors when they say they don’t watch themselves.
61. In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first.
62. In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.
63. Different men seek after happiness in different ways and by different means, and so make for themselves different modes of life and forms of government.
64. That’s why I began doing makeup in the first place: I was hoping that through helping people see the beauty in themselves, I could try and find it in me.
65. I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace. Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war.
66. Though men are apt to flatter and exalt themselves with their great achievements, yet these are, in truth, very often owing not so much to design as chance.
67. I pray they will carry on in spite of that dreadful monster prejudice, and with patience, courage, fortitude and perseverance achieve success for themselves.
68. You can’t save others from themselves because those who make a perpetual muddle of their lives don’t appreciate your interfering with the drama they’ve created.
69. There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
70. Perfect friendship is the friendship of men who are good, and alike in excellence for these wish well alike to each other qua good, and they are good in themselves.
71. I am more and more convinced that our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves.
72. Who of us is mature enough for offspring before the offspring themselves arrive? The value of marriage is not that adults produce children but that children produce adults.
73. Never try to convey your idea to the audience – it is a thankless and senseless task. Show them life, and they’ll find within themselves the means to assess and appreciate it.
74. Never try to convey your idea to the audience – it is a thankless and senseless task. Show them life, and they’ll find within themselves the means to assess and appreciate it.
75. Some old men, continually praise the time of their youth. In fact, you would almost think that there were no fools in their days, but unluckily they themselves are left as an example.
76. The great secret of doctors, known only to their wives, but still hidden from the public, is that most things get better by themselves most things, in fact, are better in the morning.
77. I once heard two ladies going on and on about the pains of childbirth and how men don’t seem to know what real pain is. I asked if either of them ever got themselves caught in a zipper.
78. There is a resemblance between men and women, not a contrast. When a man begins to recognize his feeling, the two unite. When men accept the sensitive side of themselves, they come alive.
79. Such is the nature of men, that howsoever they may acknowledge many others to be more witty, or more eloquent, or more learned yet they will hardly believe there be many so wise as themselves.
80. The townspeople outside the reservations had a very superior attitude toward Indians, which was kind of funny, because they weren’t very wealthy they were on the fringes of society themselves.
81. What a curious phenomenon it is that you can get men to die for the liberty of the world who will not make the little sacrifice that is needed to free themselves from their own individual bondage.
82. Spring. Blooms break forth from the startled earth. The sky laughs. The trees, abashed, dress themselves in verdant green. And the heavens are lush with starts. Redeem the time, the stars sing down.
83. I can help a lot of other people who’ve gone through the same thing by building a center that will help men and women who don’t have the funds to take care of themselves and get the medical treatment.
84. Eating disorders can have serious medical and psychological consequences which, left unchecked, can kill. Parents should address this issue and ask their children to discuss how they feel about themselves.
85. Though there might not be any easy answers to the problem of poverty, its most compelling scribes do not resign themselves to representation solely for the sake of those age-old verities of truth and beauty.
86. I’m an actress and mom, and I probably don’t have enough of an active spiritual life. And I don’t know why people run around calling themselves by the names of religions when they don’t actually practise them.
87. I think it has something to do with being British. We don’t take ourselves as seriously as some other countries do. I think a lot of people take themselves far too seriously I find that a very tedious attitude.
88. Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.
89. We can’t blame children for occupying themselves with Facebook rather than playing in the mud. Our society doesn’t put a priority on connecting with nature. In fact, too often we tell them it’s dirty and dangerous.
90. I’ve also seen that great men are often lonely. This is understandable, because they have built such high standards for themselves that they often feel alone. But that same loneliness is part of their ability to create.
91. While not impossible, it is especially challenging for teenage parents to develop bonds with their children. A high percent of them were themselves children of teenage parents and have never experienced appropriate parenting.
92. If there existed no external means for dimming their consciences, one-half of the men would at once shoot themselves, because to live contrary to one’s reason is a most intolerable state, and all men of our time are in such a state.
93. Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.
94. Almost the only persons who may be said to comprehend even approximately the significance, principles, and purposes of Socialism are the chief leaders of the extreme wings of the Socialistic forces, and perhaps a few of the money kings themselves.
95. It is funny that men who are supposed to be scientific cannot get themselves to realise the basic principle of physics, that action and reaction are equal and opposite, that when you persecute people you always rouse them to be strong and stronger.
96. In every society in human history, including the United States, those in power seek to imbue themselves with the attributes of religion and patriotism as a way of getting greater support for their policy and insulating themselves from any criticism.
97. No matter how good you are, at some point your kids are gonna have to create their own independence and think that Mom and Dad aren’t cool, just to establish themselves. That’s what adolescence is about. They’re gonna go through that no matter what.
98. Just as a mother finds pleasure in taking her little child on her lap, there to feed and caress him, in like manner our loving God shows His fondness for His beloved souls who have given themselves entirely to Him and have placed all their hope in His goodness.
99. First, there is the bare beauty of the logs themselves with their long lines and firm curves. Then there is the open charm felt of the structural features which are not hidden under plaster and ornament, but are clearly revealed, a charm felt in Japanese architecture.
100. These women whose antics we smirk at good-naturedly in the pap-traps put themselves out there at least partly on their beauty they are in showbiz, and showing what they’ve got is part of their business as much as it is for male show-ponies from the Chippendales to George Clooney.
101. I spent three days a week for 10 years educating myself in the public library, and it’s better than college. People should educate themselves – you can get a complete education for no money. At the end of 10 years, I had read every book in the library and I’d written a thousand stories.
102. Citizens must pressure the American Hospital Association, the American Public Health Association, the Centers for Disease Control and other relevant governmental agencies to make greening our hospitals and medical centers a top priority so that they themselves don’t create even more illness.