Sentences with Sense, Sentences about Sense in English
1. He has no common sense.
2. That’s absolute nonsense!
3. This does not make any sense.
4. He has no sense of direction.
5. You have no sense of direction.
6. A dog has an acute sense of smell.
7. Jessica is lacking in common sense.
8. My father has no sense of direction.
9. Experience will teach you common sense.
10. Nonsense and beauty have close connections.
11. Samuel has a strong sense of responsibility.
12. Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
13. She also had a sense of responsibility about it.
14. Your sense of judgement could use a dash of common sense.
15. Sense your scent when I come into a room you’ve just left.
16. A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
17. George certainly doesn’t have a very good sense of direction.
18. I foolishly interpreted the idiom according to its literal sense.
19. Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing.
20. I have no sense of patriotism, but I do have a sense of community.
21. Atheism, a religion dedicated to its own sense of smug superiority.
22. Many sophisticated, intelligent people lack wisdom and common sense.
23. A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to take it off of you.
24. Vanity can easily overtake wisdom. It usually overtakes common sense.
25. Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
26. Sense memories of you persist and do not seem to abate as the day progresses.
27. To copy beauty forfeits all pretense to fame to copy faults is want of sense.
28. You must learn to heed your senses. Humans use but a tiny percentage of theirs.
29. I want all my senses engaged. Let me absorb the world’s variety and uniqueness.
30. I want all my senses engaged. Let me absorb the world’s variety and uniqueness.
31. Liberty, taking the word in its concrete sense, consists in the ability to choose.
32. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.
33. Beauty is only skin deep, but it’s a valuable asset if you’re poor or haven’t any sense.
34. I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
35. Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.
36. If you get a diagnosis, get on a therapy, keep a good attitude and keep your sense of humor.
37. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
38. The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
39. The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper. (W.B. Yeats)
40. It never seems to occur to some people, that, like beauty, a sense of humor may sometimes be fatal.
41. Either marriage is a destiny, I believe, or there is no sense in it at all, it’s a piece of humbug.
42. English culture is basically homosexual in the sense that the men only really care about other men.
43. I think that sense of humor is important in marriage. A sense of humor gets people through marriage.
44. Nature makes boys and girls lovely to look upon so they can be tolerated until they acquire some sense.
45. One has a greater sense of degradation after an interview with a doctor than from any human experience.
46. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
47. The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.
48. Good breeding is the result of good sense, some good nature, and a little self-denial for the sake of others.
49. Conservatives sense a link between television and drugs, but they do not grasp the nature of this connection.
50. Does a man of sense run after every silly tale of hobgoblins or fairies, and canvass particularly the evidence?
51. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense.
52. Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.
53. I’m not a music lover in the sense that I look for something to have on. I’ve never had that attitude to music.
54. There are many things that keep me from getting married. But there will be a time when marriage makes sense to me.
55. With a great poet the sense of Beauty overcomes every other consideration, or rather obliterates all consideration.
56. Movies are movies, and I don’t think any of them are going to hurt the moral fiber of America and all that nonsense.
57. Every reader exists to ensure for a certain book a modest immortality. Reading is, in this sense, a ritual of rebirth.
58. Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today?
59. The same principles which at first view lead to skepticism, pursued to a certain point, bring men back to common sense.
60. I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being skin deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
61. Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.
62. If you reveal everything, bare every feeling, ask for understanding, you lose something crucial to your sense of yourself.
63. You might want to lie down,” Magnus advised. “I find that it helps when the crushing sense of horrible realization sets in.
64. His progress through life was hampered by his tremendous sense of his own ignorance, a disability which affects all too few.
65. Women, as they grow older, rely more and more on cosmetics. Men, as they grow older, rely more and more on a sense of humor.
66. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.
67. Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul.
68. The greatest antidote to insecurity and the sense of fear is compassion it brings one back to the basis of one’s inner strength
69. Honestly, I didn’t have the patience for biology or history in an academic sense, but I always liked the kind of big questions.
70. It might seem like it takes a lot of work to be funny, but if you can get the sense of humor in it, it’s not that hard actually.
71. I’m always so glad I have no idea what you’re vacantly chatting about,” said Jace. It fills me with a sense of peace and well-being.
72. My dad instilled in me a great sense of humor. I wasn’t bullied at school because my outward attitude was confident, and that helps.
73. America beats on you so hard the whole time. You are constantly being pummeled by other people’s rights and their sense of patriotism.
74. Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
75. Well, the post office is probably not the place you want to go if you want to be infused with patriotism and a renewed sense of vigor.
76. Smiling is definitely one of the best beauty remedies. If you have a good sense of humor and a good approach to life, that’s beautiful.
77. Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.
78. All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.
79. Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore we must be saved by faith.
80. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism – how passionately I hate them!
81. When I look at great works of art or listen to inspired music, I sense intimate portraits of the specific times in which they were created.
82. By going beyond your own problems and taking care of others, you gain inner strength, self-confidence, courage, and a greater sense of calm.
83. Deep down, my mom had long suspected I was gay… Much of her anger and hurt came from her sense of betrayal that she was the last to be told.
84. Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
85. The pursuit of beauty is much more dangerous nonsense than the pursuit of truth or goodness, because it affords a stronger temptation to the ego.
86. Since there will be no one left to talk peace after the next war, it makes good sense to break with tradition and hold the peace conference first.
87. I worked with John, but I had enough sense to walk just a little ways behind him. I could have made more records, but I wanted to have a marriage.
88. Religions, which condemn the pleasures of sense, drive men to seek the pleasures of power. Throughout history power has been the vice of the ascetic.
89. Beauty must appeal to the senses, must provide us with immediate enjoyment, must impress us or insinuate itself into us without any effort on our part.
90. We must return optimism to our parenting. To focus on the joys, not the hassles the love, not the disappointments the common sense, not the complexities.
91. Knowledge has three degrees opinion, science, illumination. The means or instrument of the first is sense; of the second, dialectic; of the third, intuition.
92. The art which we may call generally art of the wayside, as opposed to that which is the business of men’s lives, is, in the best sense of the word, Grotesque.
93. Self-Realization Fellowship seemed like training. It was the training ground for finding a sense of peace in myself. Because that’s my job. It’s no one else’s.
94. We also maintain – again with perfect truth – that mystery is more than half of beauty, the element of strangeness that stirs the senses through the imagination.
95. I’m not a businessperson. I have no sense of money. My mom does everything for me. She makes all my decisions for me, and even buys my clothes. She’s very protective.
96. If facts are the seeds that later produce knowledge and wisdom, then the emotions and the impressions of the senses are the fertile soil in which the seeds must grow.
97. The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.
98. Every single thing I learned about marketing and building my business, I learned from my mom, and she had never been in the workforce. She just had great practical sense.
99. I am a great lover of art, in many forms: paintings, objets, textiles. I don’t have the talent for painting, but I have a very good sense of colour, a love of visual beauty.
100. Was this an old disease, and, if so, which one? If it was new, what did that say about the state of medical knowledge? And in any case, how could physicians make sense of it?
101. Being a Hot Mom means being respected as a mom and a woman. And, the key to being a Hot Mom is having a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise.
102. It’s hard to say what drives a three year-old, but I think I had a sense that nature was my solace, and nature was a place in which there was beauty, in which there was order.
103. Never try to convey your idea to the audience – it is a thankless and senseless task. Show them life, and they’ll find within themselves the means to assess and appreciate it.
104. Never try to convey your idea to the audience – it is a thankless and senseless task. Show them life, and they’ll find within themselves the means to assess and appreciate it.
105. Whether we and our politicians know it or not, Nature is party to all our deals and decisions, and she has more votes, a longer memory, and a sterner sense of justice than we do.
106. I believe every chess player senses beauty, when he succeeds in creating situations, which contradict the expectations and the rules, and he succeeds in mastering this situation.
107. Marriage made more sense when it was indissoluble. It’s the woman trying to cope with the strains of a one-parent family who will suffer most from the relaxation of the divorce laws.
108. I’m lucky that my real-life Mom has both a great sense of humor about herself and an amazing ability to slip into complete denial if the subject matter gets a little too close to home.
109. It’s a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things.
110. When I am speaking about American presidents, I have to speak about my very special relations with President Clinton. He contributed more to peace than anybody else in the American sense.
111. Though beauty gives you a weird sense of entitlement, it’s rather frightening and threatening to have others ascribe such importance to something you know you’re just renting for a while.
112. You hear the best stories from ordinary people. That sense of immediacy is more real to me than a lot of writerly, literary-type crafted stories. I want that immediacy when I read a novel.
113. I’m fulfilled in what I do. I never thought that a lot of money or fine clothes – the finer things of life – would make you happy. My concept of happiness is to be filled in a spiritual sense.
114. When I look at the majority of my own songs they really came from my own sense of personal confusion or need to express some pain or beauty – they were coming from a universal and personal place.
115. Jews have had to carry around their own sense of self in a carpet bag and I think perhaps too much emphasis might be being put on nationality and on the other hand patriotism, that sort of thing.
116. All the being and the doing, expansive, glittering, vocal, evaporated; and one shrunk, with a sense of solemnity, to being oneself, a wedge-shaped core of darkness, something invisible to others.