Sentences with Nearly, Sentences about Nearly in English
1. It nearly cost me my life.
2. I nearly choked on a fishbone.
3. We were nearly frozen to death.
4. They’ve been awake nearly all the night.
5. Frank needs help nearly as badly as we do.
6. He had a dashing smile. It nearly dashed right off his face.
7. Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.
8. In my opinion, we don’t devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.
9. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
10. Gravity is a contributing factor in nearly 73 percent of all accidents involving falling objects.
11. A moderate addiction to money may not always be hurtful but when taken in excess it is nearly always bad for the health.
12. Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.
13. Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. Ghosts are transparent.
14. Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn’t matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.
15. Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn’t matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough.
16. I went nearly 30 years without being able to really seriously entertain marriage or a family. In fact, the word ‘marriage’ would actually give me a shake when it was brought up.
17. Nearly all the powerful people of this age are unbelievers, the best of them in doubt and misery, the most in plodding hesitation, doing as well as they can, what practical work lies at hand.
18. My kids have moved more in their twenties, you know, than my parents have moved in nearly 40-something years of marriage before they died. So there’s a part of me that laments what we have lost, and that is a sense of community.