Sentences with Maintain, Sentences about Maintain in English
1. 124.Maintain silence!
2. Alex couldn’t maintain his authority.
3. The smoke alarm has never been maintained.
4. Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism.
5. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
6. Water is essential for balancing body temperature, maintaining metabolism and removing toxic waste materials from the body.
7. To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.
8. I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete.
9. To live in Eden is to live in the midst of good relations, of just relations scrupulously attended to, imaginatively maintained through time.
10. You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.
11. You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.
12. There’s something in human nature, the trying-to-get-on-with-it quality of people, the struggle to maintain or keep the show going can be exhausting.
13. Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
14. We also maintain – again with perfect truth – that mystery is more than half of beauty, the element of strangeness that stirs the senses through the imagination.
15. Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.
16. Aristotle maintained that women have fewer teeth than men although he was twice married, it never occurred to him to verify this statement by examining his wives’ mouths.
17. Our object should be peace within, and peace without. We want to live peacefully and maintain cordial friendly relations with our immediate neighbours and with the world at large.
18. When I was in the White House, I was confronted with the challenge of the Cold War. Both the Soviet Union and I had 30,000 nuclear weapons that could destroy the entire earth and I had to maintain the peace.
19. We remain at peace with all nations, and no efforts on my part consistent with the preservation of our rights and the honor of the country shall be spared to maintain a position so consonant to our institutions.
20. Patriotism … is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit.
21. Certain it is that a great responsibility rests upon the statesmen of all nations, not only to fulfill the promises for reduction in armaments, but to maintain the confidence of the people of the world in the hope of an enduring peace.
22. I suffered from a mild case of postpartum depression after my second child and the physical challenge of maintaining an overnight shift at CBS, a marriage, and two in diapers made the symptoms worse and everyone in the house paid the price.
23. I maintain that when I finally retire from my career in music, I will go and live back in Wales – when I am an old person, if I live to be an old person. The water I miss, and the air, there’s something different about it. And I miss the simple life.
24. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.