Past Continuous Tense Examples, 100 Past Continuous Tense Sentences
1. When Michael was playing video games, Richard was studying.
2. Sophia was laughing at Steve’s jokes.
3. The audience was boring because of Abel’s presentation.
4. Jonathan was not talking anymore because he had a broken heart.
5. Isabel usually sings the song but she was not singing this morning.
6. Frank was not worrying about his daughter’s situation.
7. Were you listening to me?
8. Why was Gregor thinking about Emma’s beauty? He didn’t have any idea.
9. Why were you talking about this problem to me?
10. Was Sarah needing a friend to talk to?
11. It was not eating a strawberry a few minutes ago.
12. They were drinking coffee when I arrived.
13. I was watching football match on TV when he called.
14. You were watching television last night.
15. They were studying math yesterday.
16. The students were drawing beautiful pictures when the teacher entered the classroom.
17. It was raining yesterday evening.
18. I was learning German last year.
19. The students were not eating their bananas.
20. I was crying while he was laughing.
21. He was working when I called him.
22. I was washing the dishes when the phone rang.
23. Last night at 10 p.m, I was eating dinner.
24. As she was reading the book, Alice came.
25. The earthquake was scaring all of us.
26. I was not taking a shower.
27. You were not doing that at that time.
28. My sister was studying in the library.
29. We were eating when our friends showed up.
30. While Mary was sleeping I was making a cake.
31. The police was chasing the man while you were talking.
32. We were going to cinema yesterday at this time.
33. You were studying chemistry all day yesterday.
34. While I was studying at University, I met her.
35. You were watching television last night.
36. Was she dancing with you?
37. Was it raining yesterday evening?
38. The sun was shining every day that summer.
39. We were not doing homework.
40. She was always coming late for meetings.
41. She was looking for a cheap holiday.
42. They were going to the movies last Saturday.
43. He was cooking while I was studying.
44. While I was sleeping, my father fixed the car.
45. Were they watching TV?
46. It was raining while I was watching TV.
47. I was shaking the bottle when it crashed.
48. My father wasn’t cooking when I came home.
49. We were drinking tea.
50. We were not going to swim.
51. When we arrived he was having a bath.
52. Were you cooking the meal?
53. Yesterday at this time, It was snowing lightly.
54. I was eating lunch when you arrived.
55. It wasn’t getting so dark when he found her.
56. I was having breakfast.
57. You were staying at home.
58. What were you buying from the grocery store?
59. My sister was studying her Science exam all evening.
60. I was eating apples.
61. The phone rang while I was taking a bath.
62. Alex saw me while I was playing football.
63. I was bored.
64. I was studying the other night.
65. Were you watching television last night?
66. Were they studying math yesterday?
67. At seven o’clock, they were brandishing guns.
68. Was I washing the dishes when the phone rang?
69. They weren’t going.
70. Was she reading the book when they came?
71. Were the students drawing beautiful pictures when the teacher entered the classroom?
72. Was it raining yesterday evening?
73. Was he learning German last year?
74. Were you crying while he was laughing?
75. Was he working when I called him?
76. I was understanding the lesson last week.
77. I was coming from school while my mother was watering the garden.
78. I wasn’t hitting the right notes.
79. Were the children laughing?
80. You were going.
81. She was drinking tea.
82. I was eating an orange.
83. Which tea was he brewing?
84. The singers were not singing.
85. When the fire started I was watching television.
86. I was watching TV when she called.
87. They were going.
88. She was studying when I saw her.
89. He was watering the flowers.
90. She was dancing when I saw her.
91. I was watching TV when you saw me.
92. He was washing the dishes while it was raining.
93. While my mother was preparing dinner, I went out.
94. While my father was fixing the car, I watched him.
95. When her husband came home, the woman had been cleaning the house for hours.
96. The ground was covered with snow. It had been snowing heavy for several hours.
97. Had her daughter been eating anything all day?
98. She had not been working all day so she was energetic.
99. I had not been cooking any meal when she came to my home.
100. You had not been studying English all day.