Sentences with Wood, Sentences about Wood in English
1. Frank chops wood every day.
2. They’re hiding in the woods.
3. Windows are not made of wood.
4. Steve carved me a wooden doll.
5. Samuel chopped wood for the fire.
6. We piled the wood in the backyard.
7. We found the wood where I used to go.
8. I want a jump rope with wooden handles.
9. There are more ways to the wood than one.
10. We searched the woods for the missing child.
11. We must burn more wood so as not to be cold.
12. Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.
13. Alex chopped wood for his wood burning cook stove.
14. He knocked up a bed out of some old pieces of wood?
15. Don’t whistle (halloo) until you are out of the wood.
16. They knocked together two rough mailboxes with wooden boards.
17. Men admire the man who can organize their wishes and thoughts in stone and wood and steel and brass.
18. We never had a bathtub. Mom would bathe me in the wooden or tin washtub in the kitchen, or in a big lard can.
19. Use what talents you possess the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
20. Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
21. Nature is one great big wood-chipper. Sooner or later, everything shoots out the other end in a spray of blood, bones and hair.
22. A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
23. If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
24. I have a Woody Allen Jewish attitude to life: that it’s all going to be disastrous. That it hasn’t all been that way is simply down to some random quirk of fate.
25. Comics are so full of amazing work. And I can’t look at a drawing of a woman without thinking of, for instance, Wallace Wood and his amazing way of capturing beauty.
26. The attitude and capacity of the factory, the old metal table and the new ideas of the wooden furniture quickly and naturally suggested the possibility of metal furniture.
27. Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
28. There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar I love not Man the less, but Nature more.
29. When I was a kid, my mom used to run the vacuum cleaner, and the noise would bother me so much that I would run into the woods to calm down. I feel like that vacuum cleaner has been on since I moved to New York City.
30. Ah, the power of two. There’s nothing quite like it. Especially when it comes to paying utility bills, parenting, cooking elaborate meals, purchasing a grown-up bed, jumping rope and lifting heavy machinery. The world favours pairs. Who wants to waste the wood building an ark for singletons?