Sentences with West, Sentences about West in English
1. I was born in the west.
2. The bus is moving westwards.
3. East or West ? home is best.
4. The sun is sinking in the west.
5. If you want to go east, don’t go west.
6. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
7. The town where I was born is on the west coast.
8. Steve and Alex sailed along the west coast of Africa.
9. Largest research on vaccines first conducted in the West.
10. The history of the modern western feminist movement is divided into four waves.
11. Iraq is just a symbol of the attitude of western democracies to the rest of the world.
12. Attitude is attitude, whether you’re a West Coast gangster or East Coast gangster, you know?
13. In West Virginia, the most vulnerable people we have are people who get up every morning and go to work.
14. In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
15. I sing seriously to my mom on the phone. To put her to sleep, I have to sing ‘Maria’ from West Side Story. When I hear her snoring, I hang up.
16. Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it.
17. Part of our western outlook stems from the scientific attitude and its method of isolating the parts of a phenomenon in order to analyze them.
18. In the West, you have always associated the Islamic faith 100 percent with Arab culture. This in itself is a fundamentalist attitude and it is mistaken.
19. The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany.
20. Out with stereotypes, feminism proclaims. But stereotypes are the west‘s stunning sexual personae, the vehicles of art’s assault against nature. The moment there is imagination, there is myth.
21. ‘Beauty’ is a currency system like the gold standard. Like any economy, it is determined by politics, and in the modern age in the West is is the last, best belief system that keeps male dominance intact.
22. My argument is simple, which is, that for several thousand years in Western civilization, marriage has been the union of one man and one woman. Research is overwhelming that children need mothers and fathers.
23. There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
24. I was always raised on cowboy films, and then when I could start making choices about the movies I wanted to watch I found myself wanting to watch gangster films which were slightly more sophisticated than the baseline stuff that was in westerns.
25. I love Westerns and I remember as a kid climbing up on the couch and make it into a saddle and shoot guns and fall off. I would lay there after my death and my mom would tell me to eat lunch and I’d say, ‘I’m still dead, Mom!’ I was Method, even then.