Sentences with Somebody, Sentences about Somebody in English
1. To throw dust in somebody‘s eyes.
2. To stick to somebody like a leech.
3. To bring grist to somebody‘s mill.
4. To put a spoke in somebody‘s wheel.
5. Somebody threw a brick through my window.
6. Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.
7. To treat somebody with a dose of his own medicine.
8. To pull the chestnuts out of the fire for somebody.
9. I had no sooner closed the door than somebody knocked.
10. Don’t waste your love on somebody, who doesn’t value it.
11. To love somebody (something) as the devil loves holy water.
12. The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.
13. If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.
14. I like it when somebody gets excited about something. It’s nice.
15. Fine. Somebody else can arrange to get the stupid goat knocked up.
16. If you light a lamp for somebody, it will also brighten your path.
17. I like it when somebody gets excited about something. It’s elegant.
18. The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
19. I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.
20. The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
21. We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
22. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
23. If you care about somebody, you should want them to be happy. Even if you wind up being left out.
24. My idea of beauty is somebody that doesn’t have to try too much, someone who is effortless and fresh.
25. Everything in life that’s any fun, as somebody wisely observed, is either immoral, illegal or fattening.
26. But luxury has never appealed to me, I like simple things, books, being alone, or with somebody who understands.
27. So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why doesn’t somebody wake up to the beauty of old women.
28. Don’t cling to fame. You’re just borrowing it. It’s like money. You’re going to die, and somebody else is going to get it.
29. I’ve found the best way to revise your own work is to pretend that somebody else wrote it and then to rip the living shit out of it.
30. Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.
31. You take somebody that cries their goddam eyes out over phoney stuff in the movies, and nine times out of ten they’re mean bastards at heart.
32. The time I spent thinking about how I was better than somebody else or worrying about somebody else’s attitude was time I could put to better use.
33. Some guys say beauty is only skin deep. But when you walk into a party, you don’t see somebody‘s brain. The initial contact has to be the sniffing.
34. Maybe someday you can accuse somebody of being a poseur by selling out and playing blues music, but that’s just not going to happen in my lifetime.
35. We all lose somebody we care about and want to find some comforting way of dealing with it, something that will give us a little closure, a little peace.
36. For me it’s also – the music is equally as important. I mean I think as somebody who writes music, there just has to sort of be the marriage between both.
37. Somebody asked me about the current choice we’re being given in the presidential election. I said, Well, it’s like two of the scariest movies I can imagine.
38. I’ve been very competitive by nature from a young age, whether it was eating a bowl of pasta faster than somebody else, or always wanting to be the first one in line.
39. Remember that government doesn’t earn one single dollar it spends. In order for you to get money from the government, that money must first be taken from somebody else.
40. There we times when everybody in the house has the flu. You’re cleaning up vomit and it’s 2 in the morning, and you’re wishing there was somebody else there to help you.
41. The old fun thing is when somebody typed up the first chapter of War and Peace. And then made a precis of the rest of it and sent it out and only one publisher recognized it.
42. When I was in my 20s it did occur to me that there was something perverted about an attitude that thought that killing somebody was a minor offence compared to kissing somebody.
43. My mom didn’t let me play video games growing up, so now I do. Gaming gives me a chance to just let go, blow somebody up and fight somebody from another dimension. It’s all escapism.
44. And being as I’m somebody who loves movies like The Machinist, I also love going along to big mass entertainment movies. I get in the mood for all kinds of movies, and so I like to try each of them.
45. I want somebody like my mom. My mom is a very charitable woman. She’s the sweetest woman in the world. I’m looking for the second sweetest woman in the world. I’m looking for honesty and a big heart.
46. Oh, I don’t think Tom Sowell would tell anybody to join the administration. That’s not his style. But I think his attitude has always been if it had to be done he’d prefer me to do it than somebody else.
47. I’m only going to stand before God and give an account for my life, not for somebody else’s life. If I have a bad attitude, then I need to say there’s no point in me blaming you for what’s wrong in my life.
48. After a decade this glum, we deserved a shot of ‘Glee,’ a show that restored our faith in the power of song, the beauty of dance, and the magic of ‘spirit fingers’ to chase our cares and woes into somebody else’s backyard.
49. The real beauty of it – key to my life was playing key chords on a banjo. For somebody else it may be a golf club that mom and dad put in their hands or a baseball or ballet lessons. Real gift to give to me and put it in writing.
50. I think you can judge from somebody‘s actions a kind of a stability and sense of purpose perhaps created by strong religious roots. I mean, there’s a certain patience, a certain discipline, I think, that religion helps you achieve.
51. Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else’s skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
52. I say I never wanna get married. I feel trapped with the idea of marriage. How can you really be with somebody forever? I’d get bored! As I get older, I don’t settle. I’d rather tell somebody ‘This is what I want – take it or leave it.’
53. When you awaken some morning and hear that somebody or other has been discovered, you can put it down as a fact that he discovered himself years ago – since that time he has been toiling, working, and striving to make himself worthy of general discovery.
54. If somebody says no to you, or if you get cut, Michael Jordan was cut his first year, but he came back and he was the best ever. That is what you have to have. The attitude that I’m going to show everybody, I’m going to work hard to get better and better.
55. I always leave that for other people to decide, because some of the things I consider to be disasters are some people’s favorite movies. And that’s what I like so much, is that you never know. Something intrigues somebody and means nothing to somebody else.
56. These things bring you to reality as to how fragile you are at the same moment you are doing something that nobody else is able to do. The same moment that you are seen as the best, the fastest and somebody that cannot be touched, you are enormously fragile.
57. We need somebody who’s got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it’s like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it’s like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old – and that’s the criterion by which I’ll be selecting my judges.
58. The compulsion to do good is an innate American trait. Only North Americans seem to believe that they always should, may, and actually can choose somebody with whom to share their blessings. Ultimately this attitude leads to bombing people into the acceptance of gifts.
59. There was one thing my daddy wouldn’t tolerate in any shape, form or fashion, and that was being unkind or rude to somebody. That was just very important to my folks. And as it turns out, that was a legacy that he left me that money can’t buy, is how to be able to treat people.
60. I just think it is important that you realize , that you’re the best in the world. Whether you are a Democrat or Republican or whether you’re libertarian or whatever, you are the best. And we should not ever forget that. And when somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go.
61. I’m somebody who doesn’t work with a stylist. I’ll be honest with you, I’m a mom and it’s just not something I want to put money toward because it’s expensive to have somebody who helps dress you and I feel like I have to pay for preschool and so many things… so I don’t have a stylist.