Sentences with Shame, Sentences about Shame in English
1. What a shame!
2. That man looked down in shame.
3. Your conduct is absolutely shameful.
4. God’s gifts put man’s best dreams to shame.
5. Better a glorious death than a shameful life.
6. It’s a shame Samuel couldn’t make it to your party.
7. Poverty is not a shame, but the being ashamed of it is.
8. Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.
9. It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
10. There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
11. The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.
12. Similarly, the impulse to keep to yourself what you have learned is not only shameful, it is destructive.
13. Similarly, the impulse to keep to yourselves what you have learned is not only shameful, it is destructive.
14. Isn’t it a shame that future generations can’t be here to see all the wonderful things we’re doing with their money?
15. … there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.
16. Standards of beauty are arbitrary. Body shame exists only to the extent that our physiques don’t match our own beliefs about how we should look.
17. And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.
18. At best the family teaches the finest things human beings can learn from one another generosity and love. But it is also, all too often, where we learn nasty things like hate, rage and shame.
19. So there’s no guarantee if you like the music you will empathize with the culture and the people who made it. It doesn’t necessarily happen. I think it can, but it doesn’t necessarily happen. Which is kind of a shame.
20. Beauty is as relative as light and dark. Thus, there exists no beautiful woman, none at all, because you are never certain that a still far more beautiful woman will not appear and completely shame the supposed beauty of the first.