Sentences with Rock, Sentences about Rock in English
1. Steve is a rock and roll star.
2. We blew up a huge rock with dynamite.
3. We cut through the solid rock to build the tunnel.
4. We cut through the solid rock to build the tunnel .
5. I hate most of what constitutes rock music, which is basically middle-aged crap.
6. My mom loved rock ‘n roll. My father hated it. We couldn’t play it when he was around.
7. It’s better for me to play with guys because Rock ‘n’ Roll has such an aggressive attitude.
8. Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it’s not OK, but you can change it.
9. The great moments of rock ‘n’ roll were never off in some corner of the music world, in a self-constructed ghetto.
10. A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
11. Every so often, I feel I should graduate to classical music, properly. But the truth is, I’m more likely to listen to rock music.
12. My mom passed away a day before high school started, and her dream was for me to be a full rock and roll guy, and play drums in a band.
13. I didn’t want to go out and change anything. I just wanted to make the music that was part of my background, which was rock and blues and hip-hop.
14. There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly; sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.
15. I think what I’m going to do is get more balance in my life to still be able to go out and play the hard rock ‘n’ roll and do what I like to do in music.
16. A lot of punk rock is not going to be in the mainstream. It’s below the radar. The beauty of it is that you’re not supposed to always know. It’s subterranean.
17. My older sister was at the cusp of new wave, and I had older brothers from my father’s first marriage who were rock ‘n’ roll guys, so I was exposed to a lot of popular culture.
18. I think the world is ready for some rock ‘n’ roll. Some real time guys that play their own instruments, write their own songs, and sing the music and have a good time doing it.
19. Gwyn whispered, “I am the rock against which the surf crashes.” Nesta straightened at the words, as if they were a prayer and a summons. Gwyn lifted the blade. “Nothing can break me.
20. The whole world loves American movies, blue jeans, jazz and rock and roll. It is probably a better way to get to know our country than by what politicians or airline commercials represent.
21. I am Classic Rock Revisited. I revisit it every waking moment of my life because it has the spirit and the attitude and the fire and the middle finger. I am Rosa Parks with a Gibson guitar.
22. Sure, my childhood was unusual. All these eccentric, wild people frequented our home: rock stars, drag queens, models, bikers, freaks. But I was not this little rich girl. My mom and I lived in an apartment.
23. I was born and raised in the high desert of Nevada in a tiny town called Searchlight. My dad was a hard rock miner. My mom took in wash. I grew up around people of strong values – even if they rarely talked about them.
24. I was blessed, because I come from a family where they knock you down before you float away. I have a lot of brothers who just make sure we have our feet on the ground, and my mom is a rock star. She is an amazing mother.
25. I think it would be a lot easier if I said, ‘I feel like a dude,’ but I was raised by a southern mom, so I know how to put on lipstick and walk in heels and rock that look. It’s exactly that juxtaposition that confuses people.
26. I heard the Beatles and the Stones, and Mom bought me an electric guitar. I played lead for four years and then switched to bass. One day someone suggested that I should sing, so I sheepishly stepped up to the microphone and the rest is rock history.
27. We’re definitely a hodgepodge of influences. Mine, most heavily, would be Southern rock – the Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd and stuff like that. Hillary is more from the country side – her mom is Linda Davis, a country singer. Dave, he’s a big fan of the Eagles and like that.
1. Tim is throwing rocks.
2. There are plenty of rocks.
3. The ship crashed on the rocks.
4. The roads snowed all night on the rocks, watch out that your car may slide.
5. The next time you have a quarrel with me, I’d appreciate it if you could just talk to me first before resorting to pelting me with rocks.