Sentences with Political, Sentences about Political in English
1. It takes time to develop political awareness.
2. An empty stomach is not a good political adviser.
3. I have not the smarts or patience for political office.
4. I have a political attitude, but I’m certainly not a politician.
5. Unfortunately, religion, like patriotism, is easy to misuse for political purposes.
6. Communism is a philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement.
7. The characteristic political attitude of today is not one of positive belief, but of despair.
8. What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define.
9. The people of this country, not special interest big money, should be the source of all political power.
10. When I got political that blew our marriage out of the water. I was not the same person and I admit that.
11. Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.
12. One of the tasks in political science is to measure and classify regimes as either dictatorships or democracies.
13. After four years at the United Nations I sometimes yearn for the peace and tranquility of a political convention.
14. The only security men can have for their political liberty, consists in keeping their money in their own pockets.
15. Political liberty, the peace of a nation, and science itself are gifts for which Fate demands a heavy tax in blood!
16. The relationship between democracy and capitalism is a contentious area in theory and in popular political movements.
17. The world must be made safe for democracy. Its peace must be planted upon the tested foundations of political liberty.
18. Virtu is the political ability that enables politicians to act without the boundaries of morality for sake of its state.
19. Artists to my mind are the real architects of change, and not the political legislators who implement change after the fact.
20. A national political campaign is better than the best circus ever heard of, with a mass baptism and a couple of hangings thrown in.
21. Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
22. The need for peace in Northern Ireland goes well beyond political stability. It now speaks to regional Europe and even global stability.
23. Understand that legal and illegal are political, and often arbitrary, categorizations use and abuse are medical, or clinical, distinctions.
24. In the current socio-political climate, he said to himself, committing suicide is absurd and redundant. Better to become an undercover poet.
25. The years of the economic depression have been years of political reaction, and that is why the economic crisis has generated a world peace crisis.
26. Whether it be a matter of personal relations within a marriage or political initiatives within a peace process, there is no sure-fire do-it-yourself kit.
27. Communism means; a political theory derived from Karl Marx, political and economic doctrine that aims to replace private property and a profit-based economy.
28. Poverty is multidimensional. It extends beyond money incomes to education, health care, political participation and advancement of one’s own culture and social organisation.
29. Civil and political rights are critical, but not often the real problem for the destitute sick. My patients in Haiti can now vote but they can’t get medical care or clean water.
30. Although as a sailor I despised politics – for I loved my sailor’s life and still love it today – conditions forced me to take up a definite attitude towards political problems.
31. There is little doubt that we are in the midst of a revolution of a much more profound and fundamental nature than the social and political revolutions of the last half century.
32. We would fight not for the political future of a distant city, rather for principles whose destruction would ruin the possibility of peace and security for the peoples of the earth.
33. That attitude that fighting is probably not fair, but you have to defend yourself anyway and damage the enemy, has been profoundly consequential as far as my political activism goes.
34. I think the Iraqi people have shown extraordinary patience and courage in the last few months. They have really put a political system on the way to success, to a real democracy here.
35. I think church and state should remain entirely separate at all costs, and that the decision of religious marriage should be of each faith to debate and decide free of political influence.
36. Dissent is an opinion, philosophy or sentiment of non-agreement or opposition to a prevailing idea or policy enforced under the authority of a government, political party or other entity or individual.
37. Global political conditions make a direct American intervention difficult, but President Reagan’s messianic and visceral attitude toward the Nicaraguan revolution could mean it will happen as an act of desperation.
38. Fascism, the more it considers and observes the future and the development of humanity, quite apart from political considerations of the moment, believes neither in the possibility nor the utility of perpetual peace.
39. A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.
40. It would be especially tragic if the people who most cherish ideals of peace, who are most anxious for political cooperation on a wider than national scale, made the mistake of underestimating the pace of economic change in our modern world.
41. As Ralph’s character begins to discover the political thriller aspect of the film, he falls deeper in love with his wife, so the two run together. That’s the beauty of this film. It has fast pace and excitement, but it also has heart and soul.
42. There can be no peace in the world so long as a large proportion of the population lack the necessities of life and believe that a change of the political and economic system will make them available. World peace must be based on world plenty.
43. There is no doubt that America remains the premier political, economic, military power in the world, and I both expect and count on it remaining so, because I think that’s certainly in our best interest but also the best interests of the world.
44. We need to accept the seemingly obvious fact that a toxic environment can make people sick and that no amount of medical intervention can protect us. The health care community must become a powerful political lobby for environmental policy and legislation.
45. The threat today is not that of the 1930s. It’s not big powers going to war with each other. The ravages which fundamentalist political ideology inflicted on the 20th century are memories. The Cold war is over. Europe is at peace, if not always diplomatically.
46. Now, I’m not saying I’m fashionable, but there are sociological interests that matter to me, things that are theoretical, political, intellectual and also concerned with vanity and beauty that we all think about but that I try to mix up and translate into fashion.
47. Republican patience with how unionism deals with the political institutions, and with key issues like equality and human rights, will be tested because, obviously, there will be a battle a day on these matters. So lets face up to all of this with our eyes wide open.
48. Bob Marley performed the ‘One Love Peace’ concert in Jamaica with the two different warring political sides. There’s always been that in black music and culture in general. It’s no surprise because black music is such a reflection of what’s going on in black life. It’s not unusual for hip-hop.