Sentences with Occasion, Sentences about Occasion in English
1. It happens occasionally.
2. He occasionally comes here.
3. We occasionally go fishing.
4. They visited me occasionally.
5. I occasionally have breakfast.
6. She occasionally forgets her purse.
7. He occasionally watches television.
8. My father occasionally cleans the garden.
9. My occasionally father cleans the garden.
10. Frank occasionally reads detective novels.
11. The royal wedding was a magnificent occasion.
12. The mother occasionally reread her son’s letter.
13. He liked to surprise his friends from occasionally.
14. I occasionally go to play basketball with my brother.
15. I occasionally drink alcohol because I care about my health.
16. Labor disgraces no man unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.
17. The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.
18. Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss.
19. My mom won’t let me buy high-fashion stuff unless it’s TK Maxx or a birthday occasion.
20. To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn’t hurt.
21. That they may have a little peace, even the best dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally.
22. Misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than malice and wickedness.
23. Friendship was witnessing another’s slow drip of miseries, and long bouts of boredom, and occasional triumphs.
24. A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.
25. Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
26. His voice is low and soft, a piece of silk you might keep in a drawer and pull out only on rare occasions, just to feel it between your fingers.
27. I am at the moment writing a lengthy indictment against our century. When my brain begins to reel from my literary labors, I make an occasional cheese dip.
28. I prefer to imagine that my wife, a few friends, and occasionally my mom are the only ones who read what I do, though I realize that this is somewhat unrealistic.
29. I came back to performing with a different attitude about performing and myself. I wasn’t expecting perfection any more, just hoping for an occasional inspiration.
30. What this country needs what every country needs occasionally is a good hard bloody war to revive the vice of patriotism on which its existence as a nation depends.
31. Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
32. You cannot change anything in your life with intention alone, which can become a watered-down, occasional hope that you’ll get to tomorrow. Intention without action is useless.
33. Policemen so cherish their status as keepers of the peace and protectors of the public that they have occasionally been known to beat to death those citizens or groups who question that status.
34. If there is not the war, you don’t get the great general if there is not a great occasion, you don’t get a great statesman if Lincoln had lived in a time of peace, no one would have known his name.
35. My mother told me on several different occasions that she was livin’ her dream vicariously through me. She once said that I was getting’ to do all the things that she would have wanted to have done.
36. I cannot think of anything more difficult than to say something which would be worthy of this impressive and, for me, memorable occasion, and of the ideals and purposes which inspired the Nobel Peace Award.
37. I have never been able to grasp the meaning of time. I don’t believe it exists. I’ve felt this again and again, when alone and out in nature. On such occasions, time does not exist. Nor does the future exist.
38. Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards they simply unveil them to the eyes of men. Silently and imperceptibly, as we wake or sleep, we grow strong or weak and at last some crisis shows what we have become.
39. I’ve had to adapt my wardrobe to my various roles, both at the office, as a mom, and for television. When I shop for the season I look for pieces that will suit every facet of my daily life, not just one single occasion.
40. Change is certain. Peace is followed by disturbances departure of evil men by their return. Such recurrences should not constitute occasions for sadness but realities for awareness, so that one may be happy in the interim.
41. My mom was on welfare and the occasional food stamp, but I have never participated in any of those governmental programs, even the ones that kind of work like education, scholarships and whatever, and I managed to do just fine.
42. It was morning through the high window I saw the pure, bright blue of the sky as it hovered cheerfully over the long roofs of the neighboring houses. It too seemed full of joy, as if it had special plans, and had put on its finest clothes for the occasion.
43. Those who govern, having much business on their hands, do not generally like to take the trouble of considering and carrying into execution new projects. The best public measures are therefore seldom adopted from previous wisdom, but forced by the occasion.