Sentences with Film, Sentences about Film in English
1. That is an interesting film.
2. Everybody’s a filmmaker today.
3. They are watching some old films.
4. I never enjoyed working in a film.
5. It’s fantastic film. You must see it.
6. After the film had started, we arrived.
7. The film’s special effects are awesome.
8. A film is a petrified fountain of thought.
9. The secret to film is that it’s an illusion.
10. A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad.
11. Everything makes me nervous – except making films.
12. I’m not a film buff. I don’t watch a lot of movies.
13. Every single art form is involved in film, in a way.
14. Every great film should seem new every time you see it.
15. I’m married to the theater but my mistress is the films.
16. This film ‘Hero’ talks about the peace of Chinese people.
17. You reported cheating anyone in film whenever you saw it.
18. So, where’s the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
19. I’ve already seen that film. I don’t want to see it again.
20. When you make a film you usually make a film about an idea.
21. When you convert a good book to a film. stupid things happen.
22. I think English film is very embarrassed by patriotism, generally.
23. If my films don’t show a profit, I know I’m doing something right.
24. And in movies you must be a gambler. To produce films is to gamble.
25. Shoot a few scenes out of focus. I want to win the foreign film award.
26. My films are always concerned with family, friendship, honor, and patriotism.
27. Even if I set out to make a film about a fillet of sole, it would be about me.
28. A film is never really good unless the camera is an eye in the head of a poet.
29. Games, by nature, have more plot options and non-linear qualities than TV and film.
30. The reason I chose the movies that I did was based on where they were being filmed.
31. Movies are not scripts – movies are films they’re not books, they’re not the theatre.
32. The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
33. This film cost $31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country.
34. I look at American movies, the big muscles, and try to apply that to Chinese film-making.
35. I like the George Romero films, which were really great, social satire movies really twisted.
36. I still like the run and gun action movies and how truly dangerous it can be to make these films.
37. My three Ps: passion, patience, perseverance. You have to do this if you’ve got to be a filmmaker.
38. A good film is when the price of the dinner, the theatre admission and the babysitter were worth it.
39. If I’m working on a film, I’ll do sit-ups for before I shoot. Like, 100 in the morning or something.
40. I made two movies before The Police had a hit record: I did Quadrophenia and a film called Radio On.
41. My mom used to have a lot of European cinema playing in the house, so I’d catch bits and pieces of films.
42. I didn’t grow up thinking of movies as film, or art, but as movies, something to do on a Saturday afternoon.
43. I don’t think you should feel about a film. You should feel about a woman, not a movie. You can’t kiss a movie.
44. Why should people go out and pay money to see bad films when they can stay at home and see bad television for nothing?
45. The beauty of doing film is that you construct whatever you do block by block and you can build something that will stay.
46. I think cinema, movies, and magic have always been closely associated. The very earliest people who made film were magicians.
47. Going to the movies was a big event in my youth. My father would be the initiator – he’d have me put on a jacket to see a film.
48. I love these movies where it’s just about the film. You don’t have my face on the poster. It’s all about the movie. I like that.
49. My children have never watched any of my films. Charlie knows that daddy makes movies, but he says they are not good enough for him to watch.
50. I’ve seen many, many movies over the years, and there are only a few that suddenly inspire you so much that you want to continue to make films.
51. How many movies do you see when you can say this director really knew what film he wanted to make? I can count them on the fingers of one hand.
52. I have a desire to create more film, more beauty, more art, more love, but I don’t feel desperate. It’s not about creating or building a career.
53. I look OK. I look better in person than I do on film, which is bad because it’s how I make my living, but I am not a beauty and on balance I am glad.
54. In the late ’70s, maybe just before I started, there was still an attitude that if you did film you didn’t do TV and vice versa, but that’s gone now.
55. Movies are not about the weekend that they’re released, and in the grand scheme of things, that’s probably the most unimportant time of a film‘s life.