Sentences with Except, Sentences about Except in English
1. The exception proves the rule.
2. There is no rule without an exception.
3. There is nothing permanent except change.
4. I can resist everything except temptation.
5. I have nothing to declare except my genius.
6. Nobody came the party except George and Alex.
7. There is no failure except in no longer trying.
8. Everything makes me nervous – except making films.
9. Everyone in the class was very cheerful, except Alex.
10. I have never advocated war except as a means of peace.
11. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
12. Mountains cannot be surmounted except by winding paths.
13. One can acquire everything in solitude except character.
14. There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse.
15. Money is like manure, of very little use except it be spread.
16. There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge.
17. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.
18. The Simi is environmentally sound. Eat everything except for hooves.
19. To change ones life, start immediately, do it flamboyantly, no exceptions.
20. To change one’s life, start immediately, do it flamboyantly, no exceptions.
21. There is nothing deep down inside us except what we have put there ourselves.
22. I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself.
23. Success is having to worry about every damn thing in the world, except money.
24. I don’t do anything with my life except romanticize and decay with indecision.
25. Art ought never to be considered except in its relations with its ideal beauty.
26. It’s sad when girls think they don’t have anything going on except being pretty.
27. Self-preservation, nature’s first great law, all the creatures, except man, doth awe.
28. Time changes everything except something within us which is always surprised by change.
29. Hollywood’s a very weird place. I think there’s less of everything except for attitude.
30. Women, by their nature, are not exceptional chess players: they are not great fighters.
31. The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except what is worth knowing.
32. He was one of those men who possess almost every gift, except the gift of the power to use them.
33. Beauty is an outward gift which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused.
34. Beauty is an outward gift, which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused.
35. There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
36. Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule.
37. It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar.
38. Wealth, beauty, and fame are transient. When those are gone, little is left except the need to be useful.
39. No one can find inner peace except by working, not in a self- centered way, but for the whole human family.
40. Use what talents you possess the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
41. Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.
42. Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
43. Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game.
44. Men are never really willing to die except for the sake of freedom: therefore they do not believe in dying completely.
45. But for the overcrowded, for those who have little or nothing except, sometimes, courage and love, hope works differently.
46. The normal world has no room for exceptions and always quietly eliminates foreign objects. Anyone who is lacking is disposed of.
47. As a result, every murderer takes the greatest risk of death, whereas those who kill him are not at risk, except to skip promotion.
48. Halt waited a minute or two but there was no sound except for the jingling of harness and the creaking of leather from their saddles.
49. There is an abiding beauty which may be appreciated by those who will see things as they are and who will ask for no reward except to see.
50. I’ve never stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons,” said Luna, sounding mildly interested. “That was noisier than I thought it would be.
51. Although a soldier by profession, I have never felt any sort of fondness for war, and I have never advocated it, except as a means of peace.
52. As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them.
53. From the naturalistic point of view, all men are equal. There are only two exceptions to this rule of naturalistic equality: geniuses and idiots.
54. I’m not going to take this defeatist attitude and listen to all this crap any more from all these people who have nothing except doomsday to predict.
55. Little islands of human happiness, peace, and prosperity are so exceptional at this point in history that I’m not even sure we can draw lessons from them.
56. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.
57. If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception; it is a prevailing attitude.
58. Every man’s death is standing in for every other. And since death comes to all there is no way to abate the fear of it except to love the man who stands for us.
59. I’m not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special except dare to think. And to dare to go with the truth. And to dare to really love completely.
60. If we are not careful, we shall leave our children a legacy of billion dollar roads, leading nowhere except to other congested places like those they left behind.
61. Thousands of years and many civilizations have defined a marriage as the union between one man and one woman. With few exceptions, those civilizations that did not follow that perished.
62. Never refuse an assignment except when there is a conflict of interest, a potential of danger to you or your family, or you hold a strongly biased attitude about the subject under focus.
63. Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
64. My kids love it. I thought I was the coolest dad in the world when I got to be in a Bond film, but ‘Harry Potter’, too? Well, I think I qualify for a medal for exceptional parenting or something, don’t you?
65. Jon Stewart is exactly the same guy he’s always been, only with money. He knows that the moment he really believes he’s important, the funny goes away and he becomes Bill O’Reilly, except shorter and Jewish.
66. There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside of them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself.
67. I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.
68. I believe that history has shape, order, and meaning that exceptional men, as much as economic forces, produce change and that passe abstractions like beauty, nobility, and greatness have a shifting but continuing validity.
69. Libertarians argue that no normal adult has the right to impose choices on other normal adults, except in abnormal circumstances, such as when one person finds another unconscious and administers medical assistance or calls an ambulance.
70. I’ve become sort of an accidental advocate for attachment parenting, which is a style of parenting that… basically, the way mammals parent and the way people have parented for pretty much all of human history except the last 200 years or so.
71. There’s already a marriage clock, a career clock, a biological clock. Sometimes being a woman feels like standing in the lobby of a hotel, looking at the dials depicting every time zone in the world behind the front desk – except they all apply to you, and all at once.
72. Mind you, I’ve always been a very off-message type of fat broad one who gladly admits she reached the size she is now solely through lack of discipline and love of pleasure, and who rather despises people (except those with proven medical conditions) who pretend that it is generally otherwise.
73. In the seventies, a group of American artists seized the means not of production but of reproduction. They tore apart visual culture at a time of no money, no market, and no one paying attention except other artists. Vietnam and Watergate had happened everything in America was being questioned.
74. Marriage is all about knowing the ins and outs and the intimate details, and your wife is supposed to be the person you know best. But my brother and I think alike, know everything about one another, and when we get together, we block everything else out. Nothing exists in our world except for us.