Sentences with Desert, Sentences about Desert
1. Rats desert a sinking ship.
2. We will survey the desert island.
3. Courage seems now to have deserted him. May it quickly reappear.
4. The desert is like a line drawing waiting to be animated with color.
5. The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
6. In the clear air, the stars drilled down out of the sky, reminding any thoughtful watcher that it is in the deserts and high places that religions are generated.
7. Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars – mere globs of gas atoms. I, too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more?
8. But the fact is, she [the muse] won’t be summoned. She alights when it damn well pleases her. She falls in love with one artist, then deserts him for another. She’s a real bitch!
9. It was so quiet that morning in Paris that the heels of my two companions and myself were loud on the deserted pavements. It was a city of shuttered shops, and barred windows, and deserted avenues.
10. I lived in small town out in the desert and my friend used to steal his mom’s car in the middle of the night. He’d drive over to my house, I’d sneak out and we’d go out to the desert and just burn things down.
11. I was born and raised in the high desert of Nevada in a tiny town called Searchlight. My dad was a hard rock miner. My mom took in wash. I grew up around people of strong values – even if they rarely talked about them.
12. Americans admire a people who can scratch a desert and produce a garden. The Israelis have shown qualities that Americans identify with: guts, patriotism, idealism, a passion for freedom. I have seen it. I know. I believe that.