Sentences with Comparable, Sentences about Comparable
1. Thinking in its lower grades, is comparable to paper money, and in its higher forms it is a kind of poetry.
2. I testify that He is utterly incomparable in what He is, what He knows, what He has accomplished and what He has experienced.
3. Driving a hybrid car could save about one ton of carbon-dioxide emissions per year but adopting a plant-based diet would save nearly one and a half tons over a comparable period.
4. And of all illumination which human reason can give, none is comparable to the discovery of what we are, our nature, our obligations, what happiness we are capable of, and what are the means of attaining it.
1. Compare your answer with Tom’s.
2. Compare your answer with Tom’s.
3. Don’t compare me to a movie star.
4. Don’t compare me to a movie star.
5. Compare your translation with her.
6. I’m often compared to my brothers.
7. You should compare the two motorcycles.
8. We compared our answers to the questions.
9. I compared this picture with that picture.
10. Alex compared the imitation with the original.
11. She is really strong compared to her opponent.
12. Our 2020 sales decreased significantly compared to our 2019 sales.
13. How do we measure how poor or wealthy a given nation is compared to another?
14. Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.
15. Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
16. I’d compare college tuition to paying for a personal trainer at an athletic club.
17. How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
18. I went to the doctor and he said I had acute appendicitis, and I said compared to who?
19. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
20. Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.
21. What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
22. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.
23. When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
24. The brain does much more than recollect. It compares, synthesizes, analyzes, generates abstractions.
25. Why compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.
26. To be thoughtful and kind only takes a few seconds compared to the timeless hurt caused by one rude gesture.
27. The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel.
28. European countries have highest prices for petrol compared to the rest of the world as they are majorly importers of gasoline.
29. Participant observation is a method that helps you see and understand what people are doing and compare it with what they say.
30. When you compare the sorrows of real life to the pleasures of the imaginary one, you will never want to live again, only to dream forever.
31. The most dangerous criminal now is the entirely lawless modern philosopher. Compared to him, burglars and bigamists are essentially moral men.
32. Is it not rather what we expect in men, that they should have numerous strands of experience lying side by side and never compare them with each other?
33. Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. what a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate.
34. I have girls who are concerned about how they look compared to models or what have you. It’s my responsibility to teach them that beauty is more than superficial.
35. When I was in my 20s it did occur to me that there was something perverted about an attitude that thought that killing somebody was a minor offence compared to kissing somebody.
36. Compared to America or Europe, God isn’t a big part of our lives here. I don’t know anyone here who goes to church when he’s had a rough divorce or is going through depression. We go out into nature instead.
37. Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that we are among the privileged.
38. When you are at the bottom, you find beauty in such little things, and goodness in such little gestures. When I compare any struggle today to ones that I may have had in my childhood, there is nothing that can bring me down.
39. People usually compare the computer to the head of the human being. I would say that hardware is the bone of the head, the skull. The semiconductor is the brain within the head. The software is the wisdom. And data is the knowledge.
40. Here you do have forests, where pigs could be raised by letting them root about in the forests for a good part of the year. Therefore, you have a different attitude toward them compared with what continues to exist in the Middle East.