Sentences with Almost, Sentences about Almost in English
1. You almost hit me.
2. I almost forgot it.
3. The box was almost full.
4. The box is almost empty.
5. I have almost no appetite.
6. Steve is almost convinced.
7. I almost laughed out loud.
8. I’m almost a full-time mom.
9. They lost almost everything.
10. I almost dropped the plates.
11. The cliff is almost vertical.
12. You almost crashed into my car.
13. Almost everything comes from nothing.
14. Steve was almost run over by a dump truck.
15. Steve can drive almost any kind of vehicle.
16. I almost choked on a piece of chicken bone.
17. I laughed so hard I almost choked on my candy.
18. “Almost” never killed a fly (was never hanged).
19. We grub up almost all over the field to find gold.
20. The absurdity of the situation was almost comical.
21. Almost all of the reviews of the play were favorable.
22. I can almost guarantee that Tom won’t get here on time.
23. Yoga is almost like music in a way there’s no end to it.
24. There was a look of woe on his face that was almost comical.
25. Almost all basketball players are taller than normal people.
26. When I was in America, I used to eat hamburgers almost every day.
27. The war changed everybody’s attitude. We became international almost overnight.
28. Marriage may often be a stormy lake, but celibacy is almost always a muddy horse pond.
29. My experience has been that work is almost the best way to pull oneself out of the depths.
30. Almost all absurdity of conduct arises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
31. This was meaningful that at almost 41 years old, I could be getting my first beauty campaign.
32. Time plays a role in almost every decision. And some decisions define your attitude about time.
33. Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.
34. Love is a capricious creature which desires everything and can be contented with almost nothing.
35. He was one of those men who possess almost every gift, except the gift of the power to use them.
36. The necklace of pearl reflected the most beautiful form of jewelry, almost creating an antique beauty.
37. In the 19th century, you had bourgeois art without politics – an almost frozen idea of what beauty is.
38. Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
39. To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life.
40. The gifts of nature are infinite in their variety, and mind differs from mind almost as much as body from body.
41. When I moved out of my mom’s house at 18 I was almost as sad to leave her sewing machine behind as anything else.
42. Friendship is almost always the union of a part of one mind with the part of another; people are friends in spots.
43. If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.
44. Besides, nowadays, almost all capable people are terribly afraid of being ridiculous, and are miserable because of it.
45. My parents are wonderful, and I’m really lucky – but my mom has always been almost exclusively a right-brained person.
46. A leader or a man of action in a crisis almost always acts subconsciously and then thinks of the reasons for his action.
47. It seems almost backwards to me that my music seems the more emotional outlet, and the art stuff seems more about ideas.
48. Decisiveness is a characteristic of high-performing men and women. Almost any decision is better than no decision at all.
49. Potential,” I said, “doesn’t mean a thing. You’ve got to do it. Almost every baby in a crib has more potential than I have.
50. An invincible determination can accomplish almost anything and in this lies the great distinction between great men and little men.
51. At this time in history, sick, afraid, and despondent are the general conditions that affect the majority of poeple almost everywhere.
52. It was an honor and privilege to arrive to this country 16 years ago with almost no money in my pocket. A lot has happened since then.
53. Then, his struggles stopped. His eyes stared at me, stunned, and his lips parted, almost into a smile, albeit a grisly and pained one.
54. Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.
55. I shall begin my march for Camp tomorrow morning. It was not in my power to move until I could procure shoes for the troops almost barefoot.
56. The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.
57. Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
58. I don’t think there’s anything more important than making peace before it’s too late. And it almost always falls to the child to try to move toward the parent.
59. Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
60. I read Freud’s Introductory Lectures in Psychoanalysis in basically one sitting. I decided to enroll in medical school. It was almost like a conversion experience.
61. Every article on these islands has an almost personal character, which gives this simple life, where all art is unknown, something of the artistic beauty of medieval life.
62. Anyhow, a philosophical turn of thought now was not amiss, else one’s patience would have given out almost at the harbour entrance. The term of her probation was eight days.
63. Love him or hate him, Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred. Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.
64. Well, my mom taught public school music for almost 40 years. And she’s about 5 feet – and very mighty. And she would control her kids a lot by giving them the eye, or the stare.
65. Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.
66. Actually, I feel music becoming more and more important. It’s a big source of inspiration. With what’s going on in the world, we feel almost desperate. Music also brings you peace.
67. To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain for the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive.
68. What I find most upsetting about this new all-consuming beauty culture is that the obsession with good looks, and how you can supposedly attain them, is almost entirely female-driven.
69. In a few decades, the relationship between the environment, resources and conflict may seem almost as obvious as the connection we see today between human rights, democracy and peace.
70. Some old men, continually praise the time of their youth. In fact, you would almost think that there were no fools in their days, but unluckily they themselves are left as an example.
71. An educated person is one who has learned that information almost always turns out to be at best incomplete and very often false, misleading, fictitious, mendacious – just dead wrong.
72. About astrology and palmistry: they are good because they make people vivid and full of possibilities. They are communism at its best. Everybody has a birthday and almost everybody has a palm.
73. In all my career, in my ups and downs, I’ve never had a beauty campaign. This was meaningful that at almost 41 years old, I could be getting my first beauty campaign. It made me feel really great.
74. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
75. Unfortunately the world is what it is now. People don’t get along for whatever reason. As professional athletes, in a way we’re almost ambassadors for peace, because sports brings everyone together.
76. I was almost 8 years old when I was watching a kid on a TV commercial, and I told my mom that I wanted to do the same thing. She said that I would need to get an agent and that she would research it.
77. Yesterday morning I amused myself with an exercise of a talent I once possessed, but have so neglected that my performance might almost be called an experiment. I cut out a dress for one of the women.
78. Almost all the noblest things that have been achieved in the world, have been achieved by poor men poor scholars, poor professional men, poor artisans and artists, poor philosophers, poets, and men of genius.
79. A man will treat a woman almost exactly the way he treats his own interior feminine. In fact, he hasn’t the ability to see a woman, objectively speaking, until he has made some kind of peace with his interior woman.
80. Talk is by far the most accessible of pleasures. It costs nothing in money, it is all profit, it completes our education, founds and fosters our friendships, and can be enjoyed at any age and in almost any state of health.
81. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
82. In Rio Bravo when Duke makes love to Feathers, the scene dissolves to the next morning where we see him putting on his vest and almost humming. It was subtle, but you knew what happened. Give me a towel and some blankets any day!
83. My parents are wonderful, and I’m really lucky – but my mom has always been almost exclusively a right-brained person. She goes completely on her feelings of things, on her intuition, and so she instilled that in my brothers and I.
84. In December 1998, I considered myself an expert on love. I was almost a year into a relationship, one that had grown more slowly than I had wished, but once it flowered it was much more stimulating than any marriage or relationship I had known.
85. I’m kind of lucky that we’ve finished shooting ‘Cougar Town,’ so I’m able to kind of just enjoy my pregnancy and be a stay-at-home mom and go to prenatal Pilates and do all that fun stuff that, if I were working, would be almost impossible to do.
86. Almost the only persons who may be said to comprehend even approximately the significance, principles, and purposes of Socialism are the chief leaders of the extreme wings of the Socialistic forces, and perhaps a few of the money kings themselves.
87. My life had become a catastrophe. I had no idea how to turn it around. My band had broken up. I had almost lost my family. My whole life had devolved into a disaster. I believe that the police officer who stopped me at three a.m. that morning saved my life.
88. I had three children while doing a show, as demanding as ‘Good Morning America,’ so this is – you know, it’s almost like I’m less daunted about motherhood, and parenting at this point in time. And I think I’m just much more fit and healthy than I was 20-years-ago.
89. A lot of people think Formula One isn’t a sport because everyone drives a car when they go to work in the morning. But we’re pulling up to six G on a corner or during breaking, which is almost like being a fighter pilot. So we have to do a lot of work on our neck muscles.